The Autism Society of Iowa is an affiliate of the Autism Society. The Iowa chapter was founded in 1978 and currently has over 300 members. We are a statewide non-profit advocacy organization dedicated to improving the lives of children and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- We provide current information and support to parents, educators, service providers, and others interested in autism and maintain a current parent packet for families with a newly diagnosed child.
- We offer 4 different college scholarship opportunities, scholarships to attend our conferences and family scholarships for families and caregivers of those on the spectrum living in Iowa.
- We sponsor workshops and conferences on topical information related to autism.
- We create the state autism newsletter, THE LINK, maintain the website http://www.autismia.org and have a monthly e-newsletter.
- We present the Stephen Tsai for Excellence in Autism Education Award at each conference.
- We provide a free lending library for families and educators.
- We have a summer grant program to integrate those with Autism Spectrum Disorders into recreational programs and camps.
- We support legislation which enhances the lives of persons with Autism Spectrum Disorders.