Friday, September 13 – Registration begins at 8:45am
To register online, click here.
To register via mail or for a printable event flyer, click here.
The Autism Society of Iowa and Iowa DD Council are sponsoring a conference on Autism & Employment for those on the autism spectrum who are interested in employment, family members, employers, human resource managers, case managers, social workers and anyone interested in helping those with ASD in the work place. This conference is free to those on the autism spectrum.
- 8:45am – Registration Begins
- 9:10am – Announcements
- 9:15am – 10:15am – Accessing Assistive Technology in the Workplace for the Employee with Autism – Patricia Bahr, MSE, ATP, RET; Patricia Bahr is the Program Manager at the University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities
- 10:15 -10:30am – Break
- 10:30am – 11:45am – Employment Services Panel – Facilitated by Kirsten Varnum Lane
- Ambrose Ball-Harney, RBT – Metro West Learning Center
- Justin Bogers – Community Outreach Specialist at Goodwill
- Brian Dennis, M.S., CRC – Employability Services Specialist, Ticket to Work Iowa Employment Solutions @ DMACC
- Candice Fedeler, MA, Ed.D., – Director of Programming at Metro West Learning Center
- Reyma McCoy McDeid, MA, CESP – Executive Director of the Central Iowa Center for Independent Living and Self-Advocate
- Suzie Paulsen, MS, CRC, CPWIC – Benefits Planning Resource Manager at Iowa Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- 11:45am -12:45pm – Lunch provided
- 12:45pm – 1:30pm – Extraordinary People Film
- 1:30pm- 2:00pm – Extraordinary People Film Discussion – Faciliated by Gina Ireland, M.B.A.
Continuing Education Units
The Autism Society of Iowa is an accredited sponsor for CEU’s for Social Work #300. This conference offers 3.5 credit hours of SW CEU’s.
Handouts and certificates of attendance will be provided for CEU’s