2021 Autism Society of Iowa Fall Educational Conference
Virtual via Zoom
Featuring Keynote Speaker Mikle South, Ph.D
9:00 a.m. – Introductions
9:00 – 10:15 a.m. – Autism and Anxiety presented by Mikle South, Ph.D.
10:30 – 11:45 – Autism Panel – Panel of Adults with Autism Share Their Stories
11:45 – 12:30 – Lunch Break and Information from Conference Sponsors
12:30 – 1:30 – Breakout Sessions
- Dating and Maintaining Healthy Relationships presented by Dave Hamlin and Lindsay Nebeker
- Autism and Feeding Issues presented by Linda Cooper, Ph.D.
1:30 – Break
1:45 – 2:45 – Breakout Sessions
- Autism and Depression presented by Mikle South Ph.D.
- Communication for All – AAC Devices presented by Patty Kann, SLP
2:45 – Break
3:00 – 4:00 – Breakout Sessions
- Self-Regulation Strategies presented by Liz Delsandro, M.S., CCC-SLP
- How Exceptional Ability Influences the Autistic Student – Twice Exceptional presented by Jake Michaelson, Ph.D. and Susan Assouline, Ph.D. and New Autism Academy at the University of Iowa for Autistic College Students with Amanda Berns, Ph.D.
The Autism Society of Iowa is an accredited sponsor for CEU’s for Social Work #300 and Speech Language Pathology #191. This conference offers 6.0 credit hours of SLP CEU’s and 6.0 credit hours of SW CEU’s.
Additional pre-recorded sessions will be offered for those who register, including:
- What Does Research Show About Sleep and Autism – Jacob Michaelson, Ph.D.
- Strategies and Resources to Support Learning at Home – Sue Askeland
- Social Emotional Learning – Leslie Rogers, SLP & Kirsten Smith, SLP