Post Secondary Transition
The Autism Society of Iowa has compiled a list of resources in Iowa to help assist students, parents and caregivers during the transition after high school. For those students on the spectrum, who are interested in attending college, ASI has a college scholarship program available. For more information on scholarships, click here.
To view Transition Resources, click on a link below:
- Turning 18 Checklist – Autism Housing Network
- Iowa Department of Education Secondary Transition Information
- Post Secondary Transition Opportunities – A list of Post Secondary Opportunities in Iowa compiled by the Autism Society of Iowa
- The Journey To Life After High School A Road Map for Parents of Children with Special Needs: A Report and Guide from AbilityPath
- A recent article in the eCampus News discusses autism and post secondary education. Check it out!
- Affordable Colleges Online
- Iowa Housing Search – Iowa’s Free Rental Housing Locator
- Organization for Autism Research College Scholarships
- Easter Seals Iowa Assistive Technology Program – A resource to learn about and access Assistive Technology to support post-secondary transition.
- Heartland AEA Transition Resource Guide